Ten locations in Western Washington
Today, Cadman employs over 200 people in Black Diamond, Issaquah, Mill Creek, Monroe, North Bend, Redmond, Seattle, and Gold Bar. It’s a Western Washington company through and through, with a strong local history.
Back in 1936, Columbia Lumber Company sold their Redmond gravel pit to Mr. Horace Cadman. The Cadman Gravel Company supplied local farmers, timber crews for logging roads, and an occasional railroad or highway project. In 1946, the Cadman Gravel Company was purchased from Mr. Cadman’s widow by Tor Magnussen, and Clarence Breedman. Cadman Gravel Company experienced steady growth in its rural setting.
Around 1963, Tor and Clarence decided to expand to meet the needs of Western Washington. Tor’s son and son-in-law eventually took over a much-changed company in 1985 with plans to develop the business further.
In the 1980’s and 90’s, some of Western Washington’s well-known names came into the Cadman fold: Industrial Rock, Valley Concrete, Connelly Sand & Gravel, Flintstone Sand & Gravel, and Lakeside Sand & Gravel.
In 1991, Cadman was purchased by Belgian company CBR. In 1995, CBR was in turn purchased by HeidelbergCement of Germany, part of the process of creating Lehigh Hanson in North America.